Staff News and Updates
Check in frequently for news and updates.
Jun. 22, 2020
Effective June 22, 2020 all guests and visitors will be required to wear a face covering or mask that covers the mouth and nose at all times while attending our funeral home.
The use of face masks has been made mandatory by the Bereavement Authority of Ontario. All other safety policies will remain in place including logging in of all individuals, metering the number of guests in our funeral home at one time and adherence to social distancing practices.
Our guest ambassadors at the entrance of the funeral home will ensure that all guests entering are wearing the appropriate face coverings.
Guests will not be permitted to enter if appropriate masks or face coverings are not worn
Steckley-Gooderham Funeral Home takes our role as a good neighbourhood partner seriously and believe the policies we put in place are important to the overall health and safety of our community.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
New Website Coming Soon!
Mar. 30, 2020
Steckley - Gooderham Funeral Home is proud to announce that their new website launching Spring/Summer 2020 to better serve their client and community.
Stay tuned for further updates!
- The Steckley - Gooderham Team
Steckley - Gooderham Offers New Funeral Services & Public Assistance to Support Social Distancing Amidst COVID-19 Outbreak
Mar. 26, 2020
In response to COVID-19, many recent changes have been made by the Province of Ontario, Public Health Ontario and the Ministry of Health to ensure that all Ontarians stay safe, supported and healthy.
Steckley-Gooderham Funeral Home has implemented a number of new services and protocols to help protect our community.
As practices such as social distancing and quarantining are introduced, we are all learning how to adapt to and support these new measures. During these times, the requirement of essential services will not end; we are committed to continuing to support all families that require our assistance.
As such, Steckley-Gooderham has become the first funeral provider North of the GTA to adapt all of our service and support offerings to be remotely-accessible. Whether connecting though your phone, laptop, tablet or computer, we are never far away.
What do these new remote offerings include?
- All funeral arrangements can be made, including the signing of documents and payment, without requiring a fax machine or printer, and without any staff coming to your home
- Free live streaming of Visitation, Services, Grave Side Services and Celebrations of Life via Steckley-Gooderham IBM Channel (our most secure, private platform) or Steckley-Gooderham YouTube Channel (livestreaming & recording capabilities)
- The conferencing in of other participants, i.e. eulogies and musical tributes, as needed
We believe that implementing these technologies eases the strain and uncertainty that comes with social distancing, while allowing family and friends to come together, reducing social separation and the feeling of isolation in a safe way.
For those visiting the Worsley Street facility, Steckley-Gooderham has, and continues, to put into place measures to protect the health of both staff and visitors, including:
- The installation of staff and public hygiene stations at all building entry and exit points
- The provision of masks, gloves and alcohol wipes, available upon request at our front desk
- The special assignment of staff to disinfect the entire facility on an on-going basis
- The implementation of daily protocol briefings with all staff to react and respond to any new government recommendations or legislation
- The limitation of the number of staff and visitors allowed in the building to help prevent and limit the number of potential interactions
This list of provisions will continue to grow and evolve to serve the best interests of all visitors and staff as time continues to pass.
Your health is our continued priority. Should you have any questions or wish to connect with a funeral director or our concierge, please call us at 705-721-9921.
If you feel like you may have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, please reference the Government of Ontario’s online self-assessment tool https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment, call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, or proceed to your nearest COVID-19 screening location.
Our Next Chapter in the Evolution of Tradition
Nov. 29, 2018
For 95 years, Steckley-Gooderham has been deeply
rooted in the community, taking pride in our reputation for delivering the
utmost in bereavement services to the Barrie area. We thank you for continuing
to trust us with upholding your customs and preserving your memories.
During this time, we have seen the needs and expectations of the families we serve change. As the traditions of our community evolve, we’re committed to evolving as well, continuing our journey forward as our roots grow deeper.
Monday, March 4, 2019, will mark the beginning
of a new chapter for Steckley-Gooderham:
Our location at Minet’s Point will begin serving the community from our newly appointed location at 30 Worsley St. Just five minutes away, our Worsley Street location will support our growing community for years to come, offering both traditional and alternative funeral services, adapting, changing, and continuously growing to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our clients. With the move of the Minet’s Point location to Worsley Street, we are now able to boast:
- New lower prices yielding potential savings of over $1,000.00.
- Improved focus, with all staff together under one roof committed to impeccable
service and personal growth.
- Investment in innovation, with plans to continuously improve our location in ways
that will serve the families of today and tomorrow.
- The ability to serve more
families than ever, with the staff and expertise to
help families create the experience they are looking for, whether in or outside
of our facilities.
Tradition has a way of bringing us together, and as we continue to uphold your traditions, we look forward to creating new ones with you. We’re honoured to provide this vital service to the Barrie area and look forward to continuing to deliver the care you have come to expect from Steckley-Gooderham and our exceptional team for many years to come.
Any inquiries can be directed to:
Jeff Scott or Susanne Pretty at 705-721-9921